<VV> starting after sitting..follow up.

Paul Abel pbob63 at frontiernet.net
Tue Aug 1 16:41:50 EDT 2006

Thanks to all who've given me helpful advice. My 65 Monza 4 Dr. 110pg
sat for many years, has 37K. I had inquired about clattering lifters.
Suggestions ranged from "put some liqid stuff in the crank case and just
let it run" to" it'll quiet up eventually" Turns out Ihad 3 bent, and /
or broken push rods, and tubes, due to, I believe, stuck lifters. All
happened upon initial startup, I believe. Anyhow, I replaced all 3 rods
and tubes. Started it up, and bent one of the replacements, 2 seem to be
functioning correctly now. My question is, can I take the bent tube and
rod out, and using the old rod, try to force the lifter loose by
hammering on it without removing anything else, then install another rod
and tube? I did this on one on the left side, and it is one of the ones
that is functioning now.

Seeing light at the end of the tunnel,

-Paul Abel-
Rochester, NY.