<VV> Anyone running Clark's Hi-Tech Hypereutectic Pistons?

Dan & Synde dsjkling at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 2 23:41:16 EDT 2006

Hi All,

Is anyone out there running Clark's Hi-Tech Hypereutectic Pistons in their
late engine?  If so, what ring gap are you running on the top ring?
I know that Keith Black recommends around .022-.028 for their brand.  On a
GM stock piston it's suppose to be .013-.025.  I contacted Clark's and they
say .010-.030 on their Hypereutectic.

Just want to double check with someone actually running the Clark's units
before I set mine up.  Call me paranoid but I'd hate to ruin a set of
cylinders/pistons/rings by running them too tight.  It's possible that the
top ring sits lower on the Clark's pistons than the Keith Black one and thus
runs cooler.  Looking for someone actually running them in their engine.

Thanks,

Dan Kling

1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89  On the Road Again,  yeehaw :)
1963 Spyder, restored   4spd Saginaw
1967 Ultravan #299  Newest of the herd!! Almost killed me already!!

http://photos.yahoo.com/duchesskyra
A few pictures of the Greenbrier, UltraVan, engine and tranny tear down with
more to come!