<VV> valve adjustment

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 3 16:50:36 EDT 2006

The only ones REALLY tight will be the ones that the valves are open. With the valve completely closed there is a little wiggle as it rocks on the pivot, but not a rattle.

Paul Abel <pbob63 at frontiernet.net> wrote:   My question is this. When the valves on a 110 pg are properly adjusted,
should the rockers be tight, with no movement at all, or should I be
able to move them a little with my hand? I don't want any more bent
pushrods.

Thanks for the previous suggestions. I was able to free the last of the
3 stuck valves by tapping on it with a rawhide mallet. All pushrods are
pumping oil, and all valves are moving. I'm just not sure how far to
tighten the rockers initially. Once I get the engine running smoothly
with a decent idle, then I'll go back and final adjust the valves. I
don't want to overtighten. Am I going about this wrong?

-Paul Abel-
65 monza sedamn 110pg.