<VV> Gas Pump Tales / Valve covers

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Thu Aug 3 23:41:19 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/3/2006 11:24:51 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
AeroNed at aol.com writes:

I've  seen some with a pipe elbow welded to them for "breathing." They're
not
on either of my cars...
Ned

I saw an EM once with EXCESSIVE blowby... it had an elbow on the right  valve
cover with a hose going up to the right air cleaner bottom... oil from the
air cleaner would drip back down into the valve cover... this same car had
another elbow off the oil fill tube that went to the other air cleaner, but I
think it was for pressure only...
I didn't buy the car... even though it ran, the guy had been using it as a
makeshift doghouse. It smelled of wet dog and all the things dogs roll in on a
dairy farm...
This same car was described as a good running clean 62 sedan... the only
truth to it was it was a sedan... model year was 63... he wanted $200... about
$190 more than I would pay for it... it had no belt, no battery, and he
hotwired  it from the back... oh, and no title...
That was about 14 years ago... and it WAS a SMOKER!
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson  in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Derby City Corvair, Central Ky  Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly Editor
1961 Greenbrier 110/pg
1963  Greenbrier 110/4spd
1964 700 sedan 95/pg