<VV> Re: Gas Pump Tales>>Vinyl Cleaner

Vairjer at cs.com Vairjer at cs.com
Fri Aug 4 08:04:43 EDT 2006

snip>I am open to suggestions on a recommended vinyl cleaner. <
Garth, I have been using Mequairs #40 Vinyl Cleaner & Protectant for the last
16 years on our 64 Convertible top and dash, etc, as well as on door panels
on the 65 Sport Sedan...It is excellent for removing everything short of
serious mildew which might need some prior solution before the Mequairs.  It leaves
a soft satin sheen like new vinyl rather than the high gloss of some products.
 Since I use it on the Convertible top, I buy it in the gallon container
rather than the 16oz spray bottle from Carquest.  Meguairs does have a new product
that is similar but I don't like the finished look and feel as well, so I
search for the original product.

Jerry McKenzie  MCKETH0