<VV> How Do I Unstick My Odometer

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Fri Aug 4 13:04:58 EDT 2006

Chuck sez:
Hey Craig, Greasing what? The cable shaft or the speedometer head???
Craig replies;
"Pull the cable shaft and grease it"
Meaning "Pull the speedometer cable shaft (the springy thing) and grease it.
In my experience, when they're under lubed, they wind-up and sproing causing
the speedo to surge.  Less common is foreign material between the speedometer
drum rotating magnet.  Stuff in there causes the needle to jump also but since
this "lube" fix is an attempt to fix the speedo without taking it out I
suggested trying some cable lube as an interem fix.
Sound like a plan?
CN