<VV> Normal wear - Engine RW Heads 3880708

BigD darrenvvagazio at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 5 17:11:43 EDT 2006

                      The A.I.R. information in the service manual (Section 6T-1, Fig. 1) shows two mixture control valves on the airfilter housing, connected to the  heads via vacuum hose, directly opposite  of where the balance tube hookup would be. My heads only have the balance tube ports pointed towards the flywheel (Front?) as it would be in a normal vehicle. If the heads only have one vacuum port, would that mean they swapped sides to port towards the front

As I have never seen an A.I.R. setup in person, I can only go by the drawing in the book.
To answer your other questions both carbs had those numbers on the base  and 7028609 for the top covers matching 049 jets and matching venturi trees. The also have idle mixture screws. I just rebuilt them.

I'm still curious about how these engines wear. 110psi on one cylinder makes me uncomfortable.

Appreciating everyones endless knowledge - Darren

BobHelt at aol.com wrote:   BTW, my smog heads (?) do not have provisions for the    air cleaner vacuum lines that go with the A.I.R. system.  I don't believe that any heads had this setup if I understand you  correctly.