<VV> Attention Turbo Corvair owners

Bigwave thebigwave at comcast.net
Sat Aug 5 17:13:13 EDT 2006

Well since I just posted asking for 1964 bodytag data, I decided to tackle another survey I have been thinking about. I own 2 Turbo Corvairs with their original turbochargers and noticed the turbo serial numbers pretty much correspond to the cars build date. So I want to ask all turbo owners who still have the original turbo on their car to please send their turbocharger part number and serial number along with the cars vin, and bodytag build date. With this info we can pinpoint when part numbers changed and approx where a serial number would fall on any given year Turbo car. So obviously this covers all Spyder and Turbo Corsas from 1962 thru 1966. There were 39,808 spyders built and 9157 turbo Corsas built for a total of 48965 factory turbos built. If the Turbo serial numbers follow like I think they will, the latest 64 spyder serial number sould be in the 39000 area. The earliest late model Turbo should also be in the 39000 area and the latest serial number should fall in the 48800 area. The only weird serial numbers would be on the 1962 models, so hopefully we can figure out how GM assigned the serial numbers and when the part numbers changed.

Thanks
Bigwave Dave