<VV> Fwd: PCV explanation

4carbcorvair 4carbcorvair at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 09:30:15 EDT 2006

Resending, came back as spam....

Hi all. Was having a discussion at a show on how the PCV system works on a
LM engine. We all seem to understand that the the part in the air cleaner
takes any fumes etc.. back into the engine. And that the balance tube sucks
air through the orrifice. The question is, how does this pressure get into
the crank case? I know I have checked and have had no pressure coming out of
the oil fill tube. However, there is pressure coming out of the PCV tube.
Before I rebuilt my engine I had excessive blow by out of the PCV and very
little out of the oil fill.If you have a solid rebuilt engine, you
technically shouldn't have much, if any blow-by. How does the air/pressure
get there?

Thanks!
--
Ron Tinkham