<VV> engine removal instructions?

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Mon Aug 7 11:49:53 EDT 2006

It's a long enough procedure that I don't think anybody's got the whole
thing online.  The factory manuals are fairly inexpensive, you could
get one via second day air for not too much extra, I think.  You can
search the VV archives, there are a lot of tips that will help even if
you have the book, especially in regards to how high to jack it up, use
of an ATV lift, that sort of thing that is good for the shadetree
mechanic.

The big one I'll reiterate is *do not* let the engine hang on the
throwout bearing snout or input shaft.  Very easy to break the snout,
which is a pain to replace.

I'll add that there have been two very useful articles in the CORSA
Communique in the past year on the subject - the most recent was on a
clutch replacement, the other on using an ATV lift.
Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
   Corvairs: '61 Lakewood, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa