<VV> Car Display

monzawgn62 monzawgn62 at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 7 15:02:23 EDT 2006

I agree totally...I entered my wagon once in concours...it got slammed....because I drive it to all events. The trailered cars should be bunched together...and I think they should pay extra for taking up more parking space at the hotels. In Lexington, I even saw a motorhome with a trailer in the hotel parking lot taking up a total of 10 spaces...there was plenty of room...but it is the principle involved...and this person was too cheap to stay at a campground! The number of trailers at conventions is troubling...as I thought the club was geared toward DRIVING our cars and showing others the capabilities of the cars. Seeing one on a trailer going down the highway might make some think....Hey that car can't make it to the destination under its own power...or the owner feels more safe in a tow vehicle!
Drove to Lexington and entered the car display, and did well. Concours should be on a different day to show the "Pebble Beach" attitude cars away from the cars that are driven to the show and are truly used for the purpose that they were built for.