<VV> Car Display

Ken Wildman k-wildman at onu.edu
Mon Aug 7 15:44:20 EDT 2006

At 01:43 PM 8/7/2006, Dave Keillor wrote:
>If there were only one change I could make to the Corsa convention, it
>would be to turn the car display into a full-fledged car show with
>multiple classes that is held separate from the concours (e.g.,
>Saturday).  Make it a judged show (to avoid the buddy-voting bias), but
>to lower standards than the concours.  Get media coverage for the show
>in the local media to increase the visibility of the Corvair.
>

>A real car show would add a big reason for me to attend the national.
>Between my wife and I, we have several very nice (or soon to be very
>nice) Corvairs, but have no interest in participating in the concours,
>mostly because of the extraordinary amount of work needed to get a car
>to a senior level and then keeping it there.  We drive our cars and
>don't want to spend hours under the car at the convention getting it
>ready for concours.  I suppose we could enter as-is, but where is the
>fun of competing if there is no chance of winning (or at least doing
>well)?  My impression of the concours is that some of the participants
>seem to think it's Pebble Beach - I don't want Pebble Beach, just a fun
>car show.
>

>Dave Keillor

Dave:

If its judged it becomes a Concours, or a Concours-lite.  What's the
point?  The car display is just a place for everyone to "display" their
cars - trophys and prizes are just incidental, and only have value for
comic bragging rights.

You want a "car show" enter Concours and compete.  You want to display
without hours of preparation then display.

Works for me.   :)

Ken