<VV> Car Display

Mike Kost vairmike at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 7 16:12:32 EDT 2006

I have never entered the car display. If I am going to be tied down by
showing my car and it is in good enough shape to be shown it might as
well be in the concours. My car has been trailered to all of the
conventions I have attended except Syracuse but anyone who knows my car
knows it is NOT a trailer queen. I have ALWAYS entered the autocross,
econorun, and rally although I have rarely have competed in the show. As
others have said, it would be difficult to come to the convention with
my wife and 3 teens driving my Corvair and be prepared to fully
participate in the driving events at the level I want to participate at.
I come expecting to win the autocross (only beaten by Seth Emerson and
Bert Swift) and the econorun. When I run the autocross I push the car to
the very limit and in doing that sometimes things break. With a trailer
I can always get home (unless the trailer breaks like it did twice on
the Oklahoma Turnpike on the Flagstaff trip).

Mike Kost