<VV> Car Display

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Mon Aug 7 16:39:33 EDT 2006

We can't add a whole additional tier of judging because you need a lot
more judges.  You also have the problem of yet more awards that need to
be bought and presented.  And are the engine lids open?  Trunks?  Why
or why not?

Beyond that, CORSA concours is about competition against the standard,
not really the other cars.  It's possible to have every single car in a
class trophy, and I think that has happened at least once already.  A
good street car can - and usually does - get into Bronze or Silver.
What's wrong with that?  If you're saying you don't want to do the
undercarriage then that's a pretty good option.  I think you need to
try it before telling us it doesn't work.

And as you just pointed out - if you want to compete then you have to
follow the rules.  If that applies to me then why not you?  Beyond
that, what's to prevent me from trailering my car, then unloading it
and "driving" it to the event?  Who will enforce that?  What about the
people who live close to the event?  Do they have to drive some
prescribed distance?  If not, why not?  I'll have to drive 900 miles to
get to Detroit (and have to clean off 900 miles worth of bugs).  What
about those of us with some sort of autocross/track car?

BTW, one disadvantage to having the Concours and Display on different
days is spectating.  Being able to wander the field at the same time is
convenient, although I have to say there are enough cars that splitting
them up would make it easier on the feet.  The other problem is which
day do you move it to?  Do I now have to choose between events, or do
we add a day?  Consider the costs involved.

Bear in mind that there are a number of people who enter more than one
event - Ellie and I generally enter at least two.  I expect to enter
three (Rally, Autocross, and Display) at our next convention (Ellie did
at Carlisle).  Let's see how many Buick guys can say that :-)

--Bryan