<VV> Re: Car Display

C. Raia c_raia at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 7 16:49:44 EDT 2006

Here's a point of view from a non-motor head:

I *like* having the Concours and Car Display on the
same day and same field.  A 5- or 6-day convention
sounds like a long time, but with so many activities
and tours to do, I'd hate to have to go to two
different shows, it really makes sense to have them
both together.

For those of us who just want to display the car, and
either don't have a Concours-class vehicle or don't
want to put that much effort into detailing, it's a
nice, relaxed, fun (if long!) day. And it gives us a
chance to see the beautiful Concours-class vehicles.
It's also fun to watch the judges at work.  What a job
THAT is!

I don't particularly care whether the display has
trophies or not, though my husband might differ, but
I'd be surprised if CORSA could *find* enough judges
to get to both Concours and Car Display.  Isn't it
tough just finding enough qualified Concours judges?
And there were double the number of cars in the
Display as in Concours.  I'd bet that People's Choice
is the only practical way to do it.

I'll offer one suggestion to organizers of the next
convention: please leave room on the Car Display
windshield card for more information about the
vehicle. Not ALL of us instantly know everything there
is to know about every model of Corvair, and it would
be nice to have room for year, special features, etc.
I don't think the Buffalo signs had much more than
class and owner's name.

Celia Raia