<VV> Still more Car display.

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Aug 7 16:51:30 EDT 2006

Except for the Portland Convention, where the car I brought was a last
minute competition thing, I have always entered at least one car in the  Concours,
when I had a car at a convention. Now, the only cars of mine that I  have
brought to a convention are race cars. I have entered Stingers at several
Nationals and my Lola at two Nationals. When I had more than one car, the second  one
went to the car display, as I remember. I enjoyed prepping the car for the
Concours. Since they were race cars, it was a much easier task than for a
complete Corvair. My original Stinger was so low at San Diego, that nobody could
see how dirty it was underneath <grin>. On the other hand, I was penalized
for no floor jack on board - on a D-Prepared Road Racer! Rules and times have
changed. At car displays over the years I have really enjoyed seeing the "cars
of the stars" by the competitive racers. Racers love to show off their
handiwork! The Lola reached Senior class at the concours and took the Yenko  awards
(FTD) at the Autocross - at two conventions. The nice thing about  the
Concours is that you are provided with an objective (sometimes brutally so)
evaluation of the cleanliness of the car. I could support a driver class at the
Concours, specifying that the car must be in regular use, and that nothing
underneath would be judged.  - Seth Emerson