<VV> Concours Gold

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Mon Aug 7 23:01:27 EDT 2006

Smitty says:  While I have my curmudgeon suit on let me comment on the Gold, Silver thing.  Anybody been to a banquet lately.  Has anybody said to himself or others, "when is this D***  thing going to be over? "  It wouldn't be like that if there were three tropheys per class.  If it weren't for people who whine that they didn't get a trophy because they got a tenth of a point less than someone else we wouldn't have the Gold etc system.  Maybe it's politically correct for everyone in Little League to be a winner but I don't see a need for it in this harsh old world.  We are supposed to be grown ups.  Lets give away three trophys for the deserving three and go home before the sun comes up.                                                  CIC of BBRT and VV