<VV> Car Display

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Tue Aug 8 03:40:45 EDT 2006

To add to Bryan's theme, I strongly encourage everyone to judge concours at
least once, even if you have no intention of ever owning a concours car
yourself. Being a judge is a wonderful opportunity to learn part of a car
inside and out and to see what a "perfect" example of that area of the car
looks like. I judged for almost 10 years before my blue car was shown in
Portland in 2005.

And being a judge is also the right thing to do before making up your mind
about what concours is and isn't and who participates and who doesn't.
Things look very different from the outside than from the inside. One of my
general rules of living is "unverified assumptions are deadly." Being a
concours judge is a great way of finding out if things you think about
concours are really true.

--Kent