<VV> Car Display

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue Aug 8 09:11:34 EDT 2006

After reading all the various thoughts on the subject, maybe I can sum
up.  It seems that a barrier to entering the Concours is the
undercarriage judging.  Basically people want to try it, but don't want
to deal with that much more detailing, and they also don't want to be
reminded that it still needs doing.  Fair enough.

At the same time, there is the considerable issue of adding what
amounts to another event, with additional judges, trophy costs, etc.

Maybe here is a middle ground (I'm sure somebody won't like it :-)

How about a check box on the Concours entry sheet that says "No
Undercarriage"?  Although there's not the separate recognition, if a
car really is good it will trophy anyway as Kent points out below.  It
might be a nice entry level that's less work but gives a nice stepping
stone, especially for a first event.  This would keep the event intact,
and would save judging those cars that just haven't been prepared for
that unit yet.

--Bryan