<VV> Black Mold

Arjay Morgan n3lkz at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 8 14:34:25 EDT 2006

This may be a Florida-only problem, but someone on the list may have a solution.

  Our 64 Monza convertable has begun to grow black mold on the tops of both the front and rear seat backs. It's now the rainy season in Florida with average relative humidities in the 80% range. The car lives with its top down, under a breathable car cover, inside a well ventilated carport.

  I know the standard cure for black mold is Clorox, but if I use full strength Clorox on the red seats it will bleach them pink. I also know the mold, left untreated, will eat the vinyl.

  Has anyone had any success with any non-bleaching product to get rid of this pest?

  Thanks,
  Arjay Morgan