<VV> SPAM blocking

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Wed Aug 9 14:19:11 EDT 2006

Hi folks,

I have recently implemented some more aggressive SPAM blocking -
specifically using the SORBS service (http://www.us.sorbs.net/) which
uses a list of submitted hosts.  This has significantly cut down on
SPAM - we were getting it at the rate of 2 to 1 (that's with other
anti-spam measures in place that stopped about 1/3 of the messages).
To make things worse, our club pass through addresses were generating
complaints from AOL because of the amount of SPAM.

Unfortunately, this has caught a couple of legitimate hosts, most
significantly Earthlink.  I have already sent them a note on the topic,
if you get a bounce message it would be helpful if you forward it to
your ISP's help address.  You can also let me know if you are having
posting problems at bryanblackwell62 at yahoo.com.  Sorry for the
inconvenience.
Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
   Corvairs: '61 Lakewood, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa