<VV> Valve Spring Tool

Roger Gault r.gault at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 10 01:11:47 EDT 2006

I use a large C-clamp and a 1/2" wide piece of 1/16" strap bent in a "U".
The "U" is about an inch tall and 3/4 wide.  The open end of the "U" goes
against the spring retainer to depress the spring.  The C-clamp goes against
the valve head on one side and the bottom of the "U" on the other.  The
keeper can be removed or replaced through the sides of the "U".
Yes, it's sort of a pain.  But then, I don't do it very often.

Roger