<VV> Young members

4carbcorvair 4carbcorvair at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 10:31:36 EDT 2006

I turned 33 today, and I am one of the young pups who own a Corvair. The
Corsa I currently have was bought for my by my wife two years ago for my
birthday. My first at 15 years old. And I still have a lot to learn.

On a few projects I have done, I have had people tell me that I should let
someone who knows Corvairs do the work for me. How am I going to learn
Corvairs? How are new to Corvair people going to learn if they don't get
thier hands dirty and mess a few things up? I did all of the body work,
paint, interior, rebuilt the engine, etc.... etc..... The only thing I
didn't do was the machine work to the heads. It's not totally perfect, it
looks decent, made it to Buffalo. All because of my hands, Ron Moller for
selling me the car,( and taking me under his wing) ;), and to the wonderful
people on VV and Corvair Center who have helped me when help was needed.
Guess I'm squeezing a thank you in here too. :)

Anyway, DRIVE THEM!! Let people see them. Take a cruise by where the younger
crowd hang out. Drive your Corvair  to Dunkin Donuts. Take a ride by a
highschool when classes are getting over for the day. I don't recomend doing
the last one too often, someone might think you are stalking someone. Let
people see them. Talk to them when they ask questions. As mentioned, go to
local car shows, or cruises. park them in the driveway on a nice day so they
can be seen. Unfortunately, we cannot force people to like them. We need to
convince them, and show them these wonderul cars!

--
Ron Tinkham

66 Corsa Convertable, 140, 4sp.
Maine