<VV> Electric Fan - I Don't Understand

WillSmithTFPOCAllenTexas TheFreshPrinceofCorvair at comcast.net
Thu Aug 10 11:35:59 EDT 2006

This electric fan flap makes no sense to me. Current production cars use electric fans with thermostats and work well enough to keep the car in operation, in warranty and meeting the stringent emission stds. Why couldn't an electric fan be mounted on top of or inside of the stock or modified Corvair fan shroud? That should be easy enough to fab and test. Good Grief! What am I missing here? [Surely someone smart enough to build and sell such a device wouldn't be so naive as to think they could sell it with no supporting test data and be able to stay out of damage claim court]. Of course you still have to drive the generator/alternator but someone can solve that problem. I can think of one way without even trying. Come to think of it a constant fan speed from an electric fan should be good for cooling the engine...one of the reasons air cooled car engines were dropped from use was because it was too hard to maintain a constant operating temp necessary for good emission control.

Will Smith
"The Fresh Prince of Corvair"
WANTED: 66 Monza vert, 110, pg, white top, no rust, great condition, driver for Parade Duty and taking kids for a ride in something they've never seen plus playing "Find the Motor".