<VV> Corvair Thanks and Encouragement

bowtieguy at cox.net bowtieguy at cox.net
Thu Aug 10 11:38:01 EDT 2006

Trisha,

Please keep focused on doing what is best for your car. There will always be those who do not appreciate  young minds and fresh ideas but this is where change is born. I was not there to see your cars or share your ideas but open minds and open forums drive progress.

Your car is important to you and  you should be able to build it your way. We do not all agree on all of the issues in the car hobby so that is why there are different categories for judging of cars. Cars that are judged should be judged against their own merits. Cars that are driven should have that fact taken into consideration. The words Street Rod used to strike fear in the hearts of many but now they are accepted. Trailer Queen is the derogatory term for the Concours non-driven vehicles. All people and there cars should be accepted.

I am now 51 but I was 34 when I started in the hobby. One of the first things I did was to put radial whitewall tires on my car. You would not believe( or you might) the amount of crap I took. Now, radial look-a-likes for white walls, red lines and gold lines are everywhere. Yesterday's style with today's function and convenience is where it appears to me the direction that the Car Hobby is heading. We can agree that we disagree but at least we can be civil about it and support each other's viewpoints.

Thanks for sharing your ideas and do not give up hope.

Bob Vukas
bowtieguy at cox.net