<VV> Electric Fans

Ron ronh at owt.com
Thu Aug 10 12:40:04 EDT 2006

Certain things are basic and one of them is the amount of heat that needs to
be rejected and another is the mass flow of air that it takes to remove this
amount of heat.  Unless you go to a different engine or a cooling medium
other than air, these two items are fixed.  So also is the
pressure rise across the engine that GM testing shows is needed to get this
amount of air through the engine.  Without a complete redesign, this is
fixed also.  The simple fact of life is that no fan can develop enough
pressure to shove the required mass flow through the engine and there are no
magic unknowns that can make it otherwise.  A blower can do it and a fan
can't.  Basic design data clearly shows this.
It helps to know very little to wishfully think that a miracle is happening
as it really isn't when tested.
And, gravity will stay the same and the energy content of hydrocarbon fuels
will stay the same.  Basics
will not change with wishful dreaming!
RonH