<VV> Subaru engine in Corvair?

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Thu Aug 10 19:59:30 EDT 2006

At 01:47 hours 08/10/2006, corvair at mts.net wrote:
>So you can use an elctric fan, of course!
>
>les
>--------------------
>
>Message: 1
>Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 13:17:14 -0500
>From: "Brandes, Guy" <GBrandes at loebermotors.com>
>Subject: FW: <VV> Change the subject
>To: <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
><420198DE0F8CAD40A63CD2D3E5FBB6A6614015 at LIN-LOEBER01.internal.loebermotors.com>

>Why would anyone want to do that?
>
>Regards,
>
>Guy Brandes

I've given some thought to going in the opposite direction, as in
putting a Corvair engine into a Subaru.   Two things have put a
binder on the notion:

Hard to find a proper Subaru with a bad engine.
The 'Vair engine spins opposite...  and the choice of transaxles is slim.

You could reverse-rotate a Vair engine and then cobble up an adaptor
without a lot of hassle...  but I don't much care for the Rev-Rotate
work involved, teardown and cam swap, distributor and starter issues etc.

Besides, I still have other unfinished projects...

tony..