<VV> Engineering marvels, now 5-speed

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Thu Aug 10 20:58:32 EDT 2006

 Roger said:
<Yeah, like you can actually find one of these transmissions for sale. ;-)
Roger>

Craig Replies:
All 61-3 Corvair car 4-speeds had the wide-ratio transmission and All FC
4-speeds 61L -65 had them too. The 64-5 FC transmisisons are the best, but any of
them will do the job.  My '67 and '65 have the '61 car transmissions and my
'66 has the 64-5 FC variety.  The big difference is that the later transmission
doesn't "Grunch" on fast 1-2 shifts like the 61 models did. Most of the "for
sale" 61-5 four-speed transmisisons should be the right one (3.65 first gear).
Admittedly, the 64-5 FC version is hard to find. What you don't want is the
64-5 car transmisison with its 3.20:1 first gear.
Craig