<VV> Black Mold Solution - Msg 7, Aug 8

WillSmithTFPOCAllenTexas TheFreshPrinceofCorvair at comcast.net
Thu Aug 10 22:51:39 EDT 2006

Response to Message: 7
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 11:34:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: Arjay Morgan <n3lkz at yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: <VV> Black Mold

SOLUTION: Yes, Arjay, there is a highly successful, non-bleaching cleaner to remove mold from whatever it's on if it's water washable...and a new nano technology protectant to prevent it from returning [got mold in your home?]...the non-damaging cleaner is water based and uses enzymes to remove the mold [Bleach DOES NOT kill mold...it only bleaches it on the surface...it then returns with more vigor than it originally had]...the protectant is clear and water based...for use on porous and non-porous substrates...it will not damage your vinyl...the protectant is not removed by fresh/salt water or UV light...it can only be removed by abrasion. Both are available at  http://IndoorPS.com  >Solutions. A Sampler of each in a qt spray bottle is available for $4 less than is found on the site [the site has not been updated with the new product that tests better in the lab and is even less expensive [imagine that]]. Both products are specified in the mold removal protocols of the Nat'l Organization of Remediators and Mold Inspectors [NORMI]. Once the protectant is applied to your seats you will no longer have a mold problem. Will Smith, The Fresh Prince of Corvair.

This may be a Florida-only problem, but someone on the list may have a solution.

  Our 64 Monza convertable has begun to grow black mold on the tops of both the front and rear seat backs. It's now the rainy season in Florida with average relative humidities in the 80% range. The car lives with its top down, under a breathable car cover, inside a well ventilated carport.

  I know the standard cure for black mold is Clorox, but if I use full strength Clorox on the red seats it will bleach them pink. I also know the mold, left untreated, will eat the vinyl.

  Has anyone had any success with any non-bleaching product to get rid of this pest?

  Thanks,
  Arjay Morgan