<VV>Overdrive

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Fri Aug 11 17:35:33 EDT 2006

At 10:01 hours 08/11/2006, Bryan Blackwell wrote:
>External linkage could be done by using the "normal" Saginaw side
>cover, a RWD shifter, and some morse cables (or really long rods).
>This mod has been done on Corv8s before.
>--

Yes, workable for the Sag gearbox.

This would also suggest that the swapped gears OD mod would apply
only to the '66-up gearboxes and not applicable to the pre-66 boxes
unless you were not put off by the switched 3-4 gear position.

By the way, Hurst (I think) used to make a 4-speed shifter adaptor to
allow 4-speeds in vans, at least back in the '70s when everybody and
his brother wanted a "cool van".   It used sheathed cables, really
stout cables, which ran to the regular gearbox ears.   Looked useable
for other applications as well, where a standard gated shifter would
be distant from the gearbox.

tony..