<VV> Hostile Response to Glove Box Install

Scott Candish scandish at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 12 02:46:00 EDT 2006

Thank you to Jim Houston for his civil and polite reponse to my trials installing a glovebox insert  (and my advice to a fellow Corvair enthusiast who was experiencing similar difficulites) based on my experience in following the direction of multiple listers on the subject when I posted my inquiry last month.
  I received a rude, terse and profane personal response from a "veteran" VV poster touting frontal installation as if I had personally insulted him by having the timerity to suggest there may be more than one way to accomplish this task. This type of impolite, confrontational and "My way or the Highway" approach to problem solving is ignorant, egotistical and counterproductive to our hobby. My first post on this forum was met with several of these sarcastic, abusive and elitist veteran VV posters. I have since, on the advice of the more civil and socially evolved veterans, grown a thicker skin and will continue to both post questions and respond to inquiries from individuals that are experiencing the same difficulties I have if by doing so I can save them some time or money by sharing what I have learned.

  Scott Candish
  '65 Corsa 180 Turbo (new glovebox installed from behind)
  UNSAYF