<VV> Rampside towing capacity

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Aug 12 22:55:35 EDT 2006

IIRC, the SAE papers said the design capacity of FCs was 3/4 ton. This
is carrying, not towing.

I do know towing an FC flat (on it's own four wheels) with an early
convertable really taxes the early! I had a customer flat tow a '65
deluxe Greenbrier from Washington DC to Richmond with a '63 Spyder Conv,
non-turbo engine. He stopped several times when the temp light came on.
Of course he was doing I-95 speeds!

Frank DuVal