Fwd: <VV> A shocking story

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sun Aug 13 17:16:54 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/12/2006 9:54:15 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Vairtec at optonline.net writes:

Clark,  I've had 100% success in these situations (knock wood) by, when
reaching  the point where the nut contacts the vice-grips, simply moving the
vice-grips from the top of the shock to somewhere on the shaft.  This  of
course assumes that I do not wish to re-use the shock.  If I with  to
re-install the shock then I start out with the right tool, the little  one
that fits that "tiny flat at the top of the  shock."

--Bob

Clark:

Ditto what Bob said.  It's slow but it is steady.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
'64 Brier
'65 Corsa