<VV> Original EM battery cable request

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Sun Aug 13 20:33:38 EDT 2006

Hi,

My friend Charlie and I checked out many late model Corvairs at the
convention in Buffalo and found several original battery cables. I am
working on compiling the part numbers stamped into those original cables
now. This is to be a follow-on to the article on original batteries in this
month's Communique.

I should add info from early models to this research to make it complete. If
you have a '60 - '64 Corvair with a thought-to-be-original positive battery
cable (spring ring end), please let me know. My assumption is that the
negative cable did not have a number since it was a copper strap--let me
know if I am off base here.

Thanks,

--Kent

P.S. Yes, the part number on the cables corresponds to what the assembly
manuals show but there is usually a two-letter suffix that is not in the
assembly manual. I want the complete stamping for purposes of reproduction
cable accuracy.