<VV> Telescopic Wheel...Grant

Secular rusecular at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 13 22:29:57 EDT 2006

  Hi:

  I'm trying to install a Grant Wheel (724 Signature Series):

  http://www.spiderautomotive.com/grant724.html

  On my 66 Corvair. The car has telescopic steering wheel. I've also read Seth Emerson's article (Aftermarket Steering Wheels and Hubs - CC -  April 93). I've already purchased Grant's adaptor kit # 3162 - However, I wonder if I could use a "one inch adaptor" # 4001:

  http://tinyurl.com/nrby5

  instead of the 3 inch extender (Grant # 4000) mentioned in Seth's article:

  http://tinyurl.com/rddmo

  Has anyone installed a Grant wheel on a telescopic column?

  Thanks,

  Tony

  p.s. this car is a Crown mid-engine conversion and by installing the Grant product, I'd like to increase the distance between the seat and the steering wheel.