<VV> Movie review... no Corvair

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Mon Aug 14 00:27:49 EDT 2006

Hey guys,
I just finished watching "The World's Fastest Indian"... not a bad movie,
but worth watching just to see the stuff at the Bonneville Salt Flats... for
those who may have missed the previews, it  is the story of Burt Munro,  from
New Zealand... he bought a 1920 Indian Scout new off the showroom floor, so  to
speak, and spent the rest of his life modifying it for speed... the movie in
several ways reminded me of my late father, who raced motorcycles back in the
1940s and 50s... anyway, there's a few needless characters in the movie, and
needless inferred "old people sex" (mind you, I realize old people need
lovin',  too, but I don't want to think about it when I'm watching a movie about a
motorcycle... or any other time, either)... and the documentary on the DVD
shows  original 1960s footage of him testing at the Salt Flats...
The movie wasn't released anywhere near here, so I had to wait for the  DVD...
If you like old motorcycles, or a glimpse of some old cars, you will likely
enjoy the movie... there's an early 60s Valiant station wagon that shows up in
 several scenes... I love the lines of that car... but I didn't see ANY
Corvairs... bummer.
Oh well,
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson  in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Derby City Corvair, Central Ky  Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly Editor
1961 Greenbrier 110/pg
1963  Greenbrier 110/4spd
1964 700 sedan 95/pg