<VV> Arrow Head in the Front

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Mon Aug 14 01:28:17 EDT 2006

> Are you  now, or have you ever worked for Ford (or Nader)?
>

> No I haven't, yet...
>
> My points were in reference to race cars, not necessarily street cars, but  I
> tried to bring in a street car that we are all familiar with. I have also
> driven Corvairs without front spoilers and felt very uncomfortable with very
> strong cross winds at high speeds (over 60).
>
> I should have know better to argue the virtue of front engine cars with  this
> crowd <G>.
>
> Ned

I know that earlies are immune to rust, crosswind instability and any other vices the lates have but I have to concur with Ned on LM stability.  My LM convertible is very senstive to cross winds, especially with the top up.  And that's just it, the sensitiviy is different with the two different configurations.  Top down is pretty stable, top up is a little squirely.  We had a '66 sedan years and years ago with its little spoiler and it was stable as a rock.  Top down, loaded to the gills on the way to Buffalo the convertible was also stable as a rock even without any kind of spoiler.