<VV> Ovaled Valve Guide

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Mon Aug 14 14:01:16 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/14/2006 10:16:05 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
ronh at owt.com writes:

My 95  Rampside engine lost it's compression on #2 and I found that the
exhaust valve  guide was so worn that the valve can flop back and forth.  The other
 valve guides seem to be OK.  I'm curious as to what might cause this to
happen; anyone have any ideas on this?  Anything else I should look  at?

Ron,
The #2 exh valve is at the end of the head if I remember correctly. As a
result it doesn't get sprayed with oil as the center valves do. So if you have
one or morre pushrods that are not ROTATING it won't get sufficient oil.
Therefore check pushrods for proper rotation.

Regards,
Bob Helt