<VV> Stuck rings cure

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Mon Aug 14 15:58:25 EDT 2006

Looks like the consensus is MMO in the combustion chambers.  I
calculate the chambers at around 50cc each, so about an ounce should
get squeezed up high on the pistons.  I forgot some details:

  - Engine was bought from another person - I've never heard it run
until this past Sunday.
  - Has no lower shrouds/stats at this point.
  - Belt/fan installed and operational.
  - I did turn it by hand prior to installing, gave it a shot of oil per
cyl then, but not MMO.
  - Oil system primed prior to start.
  - Nothing seemed wrong while turning.
  - Blowby was immediate on startup.
  - Car drives, seems to have ok power, just oily.

We'll see!

--Bryan