<VV> Corvair Revelations

Bill Kronen billpat at telusplanet.net
Mon Aug 14 19:53:37 EDT 2006

Had a moment on Sunday enroute to a local Show and Shine. Early morning,
nice open stretch of highway and some young feller coming up behind me.
Thought I'd see how fast he wanted to go....within reason. As the 63
Spyder vert (top up) went through 70 mph it seemed to enter a new zone,
smoothed out, sounded better.  Have I been babying this car by keeping
it to 60-65?  Tracked well, seemed stable. (Guess you have to reach 100
to have that problem of instability). It had a spoiler but I removed it
since it was a bit damaged.  Where do you guys who do, drive 100mph?
And is it a surprise that a car that began as a 'family' design, might
have some issues at excessively high speeds?  Anyway, I'll probably
drive a little faster as conditions permit.  Responses?
Bill Kronen
63 Spyder vert
66 Monza coupe