<VV> Corvair Revelations

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Tue Aug 15 00:55:51 EDT 2006

Tom Keosababian has told the story more than once that his propane-powered
Bonneville car was very stable at speeds in excess of 175 MPH. He loved it
because he could spend most of his time looking down and around at all of
the instrumentation rather than having to keep the car on course.

My white coupe, which has been lowered a little, has Bob Coffin's
anti-swaybar kit, and 15" tires (205-50/15s on 7" rims in front; 225-50/15s
on 8" rims in rear) is mostly built for torque, not HP (i.e., not high
speed) but it is quite stable at and above 100 MPH.

--Kent