<VV> Corvair Revelations

mygroups mygroups at frontiernet.net
Tue Aug 15 08:11:43 EDT 2006

Did 100 mph for a few minutes (about 4!) in a VW Cabrio one day near
Chattanooga. Locals did not know how to stay out of the way, did not
heed flashing high-beams.... etc. It wasn't the speed that made that
speed trial unsafe, it was the fact that the other drivers were in the
way and were not used to cars overtaking them so quickly.

My sister-in-law had a death grip on anything solid in the car...

She couldn't believe we used to drive an older version of that car ('84
Rabbit 'vert) on the Autostrada for 100 mph+ for hours and hours in
Italy... In Italy, you stay out of the fast lane between the cities
unless you are running close to triple digits.

Chris in Cookeville