<VV>Tire "aging"

Dennis Dorogi dfamily at cecomet.net
Tue Aug 15 11:58:35 EDT 2006

I just replaced a set of  Summit radials that were 20 years old.  They had
nice 1" wide whitewalls and I loved the way they looked.   The tires had
lots of tread and showed no checking on the sidewalls and looked great.
However, the 65 convertible felt like it was literally going to shake apart.
I had them rebalanced last year - no improvement.  I finally replaced them
with Cooper Trendsetters this year and the car drives and rides like a new
car.  It is a pleasure to drive once again.  However, I still miss the wide
whitewall - it just doesn't look the same.   Dennis Dorogi