<VV> 8 Track Possibilities

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Tue Aug 15 19:25:15 EDT 2006

For those that may want to try eight track tapes, some had major problems
after a few years with the rubber drive wheel. When put into a player the
wheel would seemingly melt and gum up everything inside includ usually
wrapping several feet of tape around the drive. A real mess to clean up.

The test I would use before inserting any eight-track was to push my
thumbnail into the rubber wheel in the tape. If it left a slice, replace
the wheel.

I used to have a box of wheels around...here...somewhere.....

Padgett