<VV> removing sending unit.

Dan & Synde dsjkling at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 16 00:14:54 EDT 2006

Hi Paul,

I second the use of a dull chisel or screwdriver with a hammer.  Just work
it a little on one tab, and then the other till it spins off.  May want to
use a little penetrant lube on it if it is rusty at all.

You can do the rag on a stick method of cleaning.  If you get a bunch of
rust out of the tank, then at a minimum, reseal it.  To reseal you have to
remove the tank because you have to rotate the tank to get the sealer to
coat the entire surface.

Around where I live, (California)  it cost more than $100 to get a tank
cleaned and sealed.  I went the POR15 route and used their system.  You can
buy it as a kit $62.  The kit comes with a varnish/gum remover, a metal
descaler/etcher, tank coating and fuel stabilizer.  You might be able to
piece it together for cheaper without the fuel stabilizer.  Real easy to do
yourself, just follow the directions.  I was very happy with the job it did
on my Greenbrier's tank.  Perfect job and it was the first tank I'd ever
done

POR15 link:

http://www.por15.com/PRODUCTS/COMPLETEKITS/FUELTANKREPAIRKIT/tabid/106/Defau
lt.aspx

Dan Kling

1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89  On the Road Again,  yeehaw :)
1963 Spyder, restored   4spd Saginaw
1967 Ultravan #299  Newest of the herd!! Almost killed me already!!

http://photos.yahoo.com/duchesskyra
A few pictures of the Greenbrier, UltraVan, engine and tranny tear down with
more to come!