<VV> Classic Motorsports Corvairs September Issue

Western Canada CORSA westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca
Wed Aug 16 11:08:30 EDT 2006

I think this is EXACTLY the kind of exposure Corvairs need.  For the Canucks
reading this, it has finally arrived on our newstands and is definately
worth picking up.  Classic Motorsports & GRM are my hands down favourite car
mags, having Corvair Content is icing on a very tasty cake.  I'd definately
recommend keeping an eye on CMS as the publisher recently purchased a 63
Spyder 'vert, which if things to form at CMS, will be undergoing a
restoration of one kind or another somewhere along the line.  (Hint to
vendors: got any go-fast goodies for EM turbos you want to promote?<g>)

I'd also like to extend a huge kudo to Jeff Williams at California Corvair
Parts, and a lesser one to Clarks for showing some cajones and getting some
advertising into the magazine to go along with the article.  I think it's
very important that readers being exposed to the Corvair for the first time
see that there is actually some support for the Corvair while they're
reading the article.   Jeff must be doing something right, because the
majority of the first time Corvair owners I'm meeting (and there have been
quite a few recently) all have his catalogues with their cars.

Lastly, but certainly not least.  A huge "THANK YOU" to Jim Pettengill for
taking the time to write, and then re-write the article for CMS and the
persistance and stick-to-it-ivness required to get it published in the mag.
It may be the best thing to happen to the Corvair hobby in years!

Regards,
Joel