<VV> Gas Tanks

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Wed Aug 16 17:36:43 EDT 2006

At 11:18 hours 08/16/2006, Steve Oxford wrote:
>Used gas tanks for our Corvairs - excepting the one wierd
>hole-through-the-tank FC tank -

...and the tank for the 1960 model Corvair...

>are reasonably priced and readily available...new tanks are around
>$170, which many seem to think is an outrageous price.

You can beat that price if you shop around a bit.

>I'm having to replace the gas tank on my '92 Blazer today - >$600
>for new, $500 for used!

...another reason I drive ONLY older vehicles.   They're more fun,
more interesting, and almost *always* cheaper to maintain.    And, I
can afford them, while buying a new vehicle today tends to be a
daunting prospect for someone who doesn't wanna go into debt.

tony..