<VV> Re: drive wheels

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Wed Aug 16 18:43:13 EDT 2006

Ray,

Thanks for saying you "largly agree" with me. :o)

A note about heading uphill in a front driver. Once had a FWD rental in
San Francisco. Found one particularly steep intersection where I was
headed uphill, so just for giggles, I floored it. Oh the squealing!!!
LOL It was so funny, I had to go round the block just so I could do it
one more time. (G)

Also, I concur with your father. At the time when the decision to go all
FWD with most all of the Detroit car companies' cars, I remember the
word around the trade papers was pretty much of that opinion. Funny
thing, the original Toronado had a totally flat floor (something even
the Corvair can't claim) that was one of their bragging points. Yet all
the front drivers since the Citation have a "hump" in the floorboards.
Go figure.

-Mark