<VV> "FNADER" is disrespectful

mygroups mygroups at frontiernet.net
Wed Aug 16 22:50:46 EDT 2006

Charles Lee at Proper Pro Per wrote:

>   I suppose there is a Citroen C2V owners club, but they don't
> autocross them !  (Or do they ? That would be fun to watch !)

Well they do actually...

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=racing+2CV&hl=en

I saw a race somewhere on TV. Maybe on Speedvision aka Speed Channel
before they turned into yet another !@%*-ing NASCAR channel... <grin!>

How does that saying go? It's more fun to drive a slow car fast than it
is to drive a fast car slow???

I wonder what they could tie the racing harnesses to b/c a Campbell soup
can may be stronger... <grin!> That said we had alot of fun with my
buddy's 2CV in Italy. I'd like to have another one... WINTESS THE SHEAR
MIND-BLOWING POWER OF THE 2 CYLINDER AIRCOOLED HEMI-2CV ENGINE!!!

 From Wikipedia:

"The car featured an air-cooled, flat-twin, four-stroke, 375 cc
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cubic_centimetre> engine, with the
notoriously underpowered earliest model developing only 9 bhp
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhp> DIN
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DIN> (6.5 kW). A 425 cc engine was
introduced in 1955, followed by a 602 cc (giving 28 bhp (20.5 kW) at
7000 rpm) in 1968. With the 602 cc engine the tax classification of the
car changed so that it became in fact a 3CV, but the commercial name
remained unchanged. A 435 cc engine was introduced at the same time in
replacement of the 425 cc, the 435 cc engine car was christened 2CV 4
while the 602 cc took the name 2CV 6 (nevertheless it did take the name
3CV in Argentina). The 602 cc engine evolved to 33 bhp (24 kW) in 1970
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1970>; this was the most powerful engine
fitted to the 2CV. A new 602 cc giving only 29 bhp (21.5 kW) at a slower
5750 rpm was introduced in 1979. Despite being less powerful, this
engine was more efficient, allowing lower fuel consumption and better
top speed."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citro%C3%ABn_2CV

Chris in Cookeville