<VV> The President Visits HD - No Corvair

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Thu Aug 17 00:54:44 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/16/2006 10:38:32 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
corvair2 at earthlink.net writes:

With 300  million Americans, how many actually have the opportunity to meet
the  Commander and Chief?

Hmmmm.... does Charlton Heston count? He was just voted Prez of the  NRA when
I met him at a book signing several years ago... great guy... I had my
American Rifleman magazine with him on the cover, hoping he would sign it, but  his
contract stated he could only sign books bought there on the premises... but
he DID shake my hand, and said "We need more Great Americans like  you."....
Talk about awestruck...

Never met any living Presidents... been to Honest Abe's log cabin where he
was born about 18 miles away... been inside and on top of the house (and even
replaced the storm windows there once) that Zachary Taylor grew up in, and
also  to his tomb in Louisville... but that was 19 years ago...

I got my speedometer cable replaced in the 69 just the other day... once I
had the old one removed I pulled the insert out.... it seems to be an original,
 since it was stamped "AC"... whether it was original to the car or NOS I
don't  know.... but it DOES work now...
;-)
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson  in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Derby City Corvair, Central Ky  Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly Editor
1961 Greenbrier 110/pg
1963  Greenbrier 110/4spd
1964 700 sedan 95/pg